Hurray, it’s tax season!
We realize that tax time isn’t exactly everyone’s favourite time of year, which is why we’ve endeavored to make it just a little bit easier for our Advisor partners. To that end, our annual “tax tip” document details critical information about tax implications and rates as they affect group benefit plans for the year.
Benefits by Design makes every effort to ensure this document is accurate and up-to-date, however, legislature and policies may change over the course of 2019. This document is up-to-date as of March 5th, 2019.
What it covers:
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP) annual contribution limits;
- Quebec Pension Plan (QPP) annual contribution limits;
- Employment Insurance (EI) annual updates;
- Quebec Parental Insurance Plan (QPIP) annual updates;
- Registered Pension/Savings Plan annual contribution limits;
- Provincial Medical Plan information, including funding and payroll exemptions;
- Ontario Individual Health Premiums;
- Workers’ Compensation maximum assessable earnings subject to premiums; and
- Group Benefits Taxation, detailing which benefits are taxable or non-taxable.
Get a sneak peek: