How an HRIS Streamlines Employee Benefits, Onboarding & People Processes
By: Benefits by Design | Tuesday May 3, 2022
What is an HRIS?
A Human Resources Information System (HRIS) helps businesses use technology to enhance their people processes and improve efficiency. An HRIS is an online platform that provides scalable solutions that help businesses tackle challenges as they grow, including recruitment and onboarding, payroll, time off and scheduling, benefits administration, reporting, and more!
Why Should a Small Business Have an HRIS?
Whether your organization has a dedicated Human Resources (HR) department or not, a small business has a lot to gain by using an HRIS, such as:
- centralizes employee data in a single place, such as salary, vacation, performance reviews
- allows for automation of many processes, including approval or denial of time off requests
- creates a simple employee experience, from onboarding to booking time off
- saves time and money by reducing manual processes for HR personnel (or yourself, if you are your own HR department)
It’s also worth mentioning that now is a good time for an HRIS system. COVID-19 has opened up Canada to remote work and having a digital system in which to manage employees is more vital than ever.
Introducing Collage HR
Thanks to our recent acquisition by People Corporation, Benefits by Design (BBD) Inc. has a new way of helping working Canadians, delivered through an award-winning HRIS platform: Collage HR.
Collage HR exists to improve the lives of working Canadians by building cutting-edge technology and delivering best-in-class advice and service. If you think that sounds similar to our own mission of “helping working Canadians” — we think so, too! That’s one of the reasons we’re so excited about this new offering.
Collage HR’s platform streamlines people processes, including:
- Employee Information — maintain all your employment records online in a single place. Collect and store employee onboarding information, e-sign documents, track job and compensation information, and more!
- Employee Onboarding — onboard new employees into your organization easily and efficiently!
- Time-Off Management — manage everything to do with time off, including vacations, personal time off (PTO), or sick leave. Employees can use the same platform to make time-off requests and automatically calculate employee balances based on the rules you set up!
- Performance Management — collect better employee performance data with less effort. Utilize performance modules that will change the way you manage your team, form 360-degree reviews to employee surveys, goal tracking, and more.
- Recruiting — set up a custom, branded job board in seconds and start posting jobs online. When prospective employees apply, you’ll have all their information in one place. You’ll also be able to sort through candidates via customized interview funnels!
- Custom Reporting — great companies use data to make HR decisions. With Collage HR, you can access a wide variety of reports, or create your own with the customer report builder.
BBD groups with a fully-insured benefits plan will now have access to Collage HR as an optional added service.
Like the sound of Collage HR and BBD?